Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alias
    Limitless

While we wait...

Ok, I'm bored I admit.. debating things to do while we wait because I would like to start playing games with others again. Here's my list of things, I'd like to setup a regular time to get together online, Ideally something that allows at least 4 of us to get together but am open to co-op games if only 1 other person is around.

Group Games (4 or more players)

• Space Engineers - I got this last night, It always looked cool and I thought it might be an easy way to bring people in and kill time while we wait. If we just did something small at set times we could host it locally on one of our machines or if we get enough interest I can setup a more permanent hosting for 24/7 access. This is something we could start small with a local server we setup on the days/times we play and expand into a permanent server if interest grows.
    • Empyrion - Galactic Survival - This is essentially Space Engineers but done differently. I bought this a while ago, its interesting but complex and at the time there wasn't much of a tutorial on how to do even basic things. I played for a few hours, accomplished practically nothing and never really went back because nobody else I knew had it.. It actually looks like it might be more complex and have more variety than un-modded space engineers and would be willing to revisit if someone else preferred this over Spare Engineers.
    • Rust - Its like a mix between minecraft and space engineers. Essentially another crafting sandbox survival game. I have it in my library and played it a long time ago. It can be a tad annoying on the servers since there is a ton of raiding going on and generally is a giant PVP mess where you don't often get much done and if you do someone comes by and just breaks in and steals your stuff. Don't get me wrong, its a great game but can often be frustrating since its style of PVP essentially makes assholes out of everyone.
    • Player Unknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) - I have this and enjoy playing it but would like to team up more. If you guys are game, so am I.
    • Destiny (2) - I don't have this yet but I know its a popular choice and the 2nd one just came out. IF we had a couple of people playing/interested in playing on a regular basis then I'd consider picking it up.
    • Castle Crashers - This is a silly little game I had from a while ago.. its a side scoller hack and slash that can take upto 4 people. Lots of sillyness and I don't think I ever completed it.. any takers?
    • Other MMO's - I'm not going back to EQ and I'm honestly a little leary of this as I don't want anyone to get sucked into something that might divert attention away from Pantheon when it comes out or hits later testing phases (Beta). However I'm open to suggestions about another mmo to toy around in while we wait. The one rule here is it has to be something we're able to put away once pantheon goes into beta. This is one of the reasons I like the idea of Space Engineers or something along those lines since we could literally just shut the server off to refocus our group, however I'm open to suggestions.

Co-Op Games (2-3 Players)

• Portal 2 - Lots of fun to be had here, I know me and Knightmare are in the middle of a Co-op campaign he wants to finish, I've already completed the co-op myself but will play through again with anyone interested and I promise not to ruin the puzzles =P. Only stipulation here is that after the co-op campaign that we start going through the community generated content since I know there is a ton of stuff there worth playing that I've not yet seen. Could be a lot of fun.
    • Borderlands 2 - Never played it, have it in my library, I understand its a great game and the co-op is pretty good, so let me know.
    • Others? - I know there has to be other Co-Op games out there.. I might even have a few but let me know if you have a suggestion.

Anyways, I'm looking to setup some standard play times 3-4 nights a week. My current availability is as follows; Keep in mind this is just in general as I could probably get online earlier or stay later if enough interest existed.

Everyday Except Friday: 9pm to around Midnight EST
    Weekend extra availability: I am typically available unless a family function is going on. Best to get my cellphone number and text me if you are intending to get online.

Other thoughts:

I will working to live stream these sessions on Twitch and saving recordings for future video's/editing to be later uploaded to Youtube. I'm hoping to get familiar enough with doing these that I can not only live stream any raids we do but also cut them into videos for recruitment purposes later. In case you guys ever want to check out my live stream you can see it here. https://www.twitch.tv/keldaria

I do like the sound of PUBG, also Path of Exile perhaps

Alias
    Limitless
    Ok, well thats 1 person, any other takers?

Well crap. I wrote up a huge reply and it all disappeared. Now I don't want to rewrite everything so your getting the cliff notes.

I can play probably 2ish days / week. 9-12 works well.
    From your list:
    I'd try space engineers, empyrion, or Destiny.
    I'd definately enjoy portal 2, and castle crashers.

If you have an xbox one I've been playing overwatch and would love some company.

If not, other good PC games I'd like to play with someone
    Lord of the rings war in the north
    HOMM4. It's old, but I love it
    Trine1 or 2

I also have several board games via steam if anyone is interested in doing any of those.

Alias
    Limitless
    Fair enough. I'm going to try and aim for say Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays but will adjust if you guys want to hit a different day. Just hit me up on steam. My profile name is Keldaria if you haven't already guessed

Alias
    Limitless
    Here is a discord link for my personal discord server. I would post the Mal'Deth server link but I don't want to do that in the public area. We'll transfer back to the Mal'Deth server once pantheon hits alpha or something and we get a chance to organize the existing members there to maintain some sort of order.

https://discord.gg/xB4PN7p

See you guys tonight (or later nights). We'll start with whatever game you guys want to play and then we'll change out to something that supports more players if we get additional people logging on.

Also, Taldaas, since i didn't entirely answer you earlier, no I don't have an Xbox.. atleast not an Xbox 1, technically I have a 360 but no subscription to Microsoft xbox live or anything so anything requiring that would be out for me, but maybe someone else here is interested in that. If it was just the matter of picking up the game on steam or something I'd definitely be game but grabbing an entire console isn't in my deck of cards at the moment.

Alias
    Limitless
    Ok, well this week sucked for me, Lol.

Sorry, Tuesday I fell a sleep and I had an early meeting Friday morning that made me get to be earlier. Still planning to do this, Taldaas if your up and interested you are welcome to text me even if I'm not online, everyone else just look for me online, I am on a lot but often at odd hours (like 1:00 am) however I'm working to make it more standardized at the 9 to midnight hours since I'm thinking thats when we'll end up playing pantheon together a lot.

Alias
    Daven, Octavian
    I think a lot of those games sound worth playing and I'd pretty much be up for whatever people wanna do. I would like to add a game to the list, Magicite. Also up to four people, side scroller RPG, similar to Castle Crashers but with crafting and stuff. It's a lot of fun. I've beaten it but each game is different due to the randomness.

Alias
    Limitless
    Sounds interesting, I'll add it to my list to check out.

Anyways, last week was another bear of a week for me so I didn't make it on Tuesday and Thursday due to work. Apparently working 14 hour days not including travel time to meet a deliverable deadline for work tends to cut into my play schedule =P who knew? At any rate, we got our 30% design deliverable done last week, on time, and now my schedule is somewhat back to normal. I was online Sunday night playing Cities: Skylines until about 1-2am, but that was a single player game for the most part (not sure if they offer multiplayer mods or anything). At any rate, I'm totally game to get online tonight for sure. If you guys are up for something let me know.

Alias
    Limitless
    Ok, soo we had this going for a few weeks then we seemed to stop. Going to try and get something going again, Text me if you intend to be on at night and we'll try to get something going. Some PUBG action would be great, haven't touched that game in a few months and would love to see some of the updates, but whatever you guys feel up to, I'm game.

I also need to get my streaming software set back up.. for some reason it was disabling my PTT in discord so I had to scrap it for a while.